maanantai 23. heinäkuuta 2012

The Last Post

Hi everyone, I don't know if anyone's reading this blog anymore since I've been home for over a week already, but as you can see from the title, this is that grand finale, the last post, and I was thinking about putting the pictures in finally if my laptop likes me better than the family's laptop. We'll see.

 This is Broad Street, Oxford, taken in the first day. The strange dot in the road is a place where they burned some protestant martyres.
 Buckingham Palace, London.

 London Eye (I presume...) and the Thames.

 Views from the top of St. Georges Tower (according to my memory that's the name) of Oxford Castle.

 STS Disco, not sure which one of them... Sensation Party, I think.

 Warwick Castle.

 Warwick Castle's courtyard. ("THIS is what a castle should look like!" said my friend Chrystal.)

 They also had this whatever-you-call-it-in-English as a part of their castle. A tournament field?

 An architectural detail of Stratford-upon-Avon.

 Mr. Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe's window - this is the place I told to remind me of Honeydukes.

 More sweets... But this shop was just so amazing... Why don't we have this kind of shops in Finland...

 In Bath we visited the Jane Austen Centre, and there you could try on these hats and bonnets if you liked.

 In Bath we also went to Caffe Nero for the first time, luckily found one from Oxford as well:)

 This is Carfax Tower, our meeting place in Oxford.

 Back to London. We visited King's Cross Station (of course) and as good tourists and Harry Potter fans took photos on this particular platform.

 The wand heaven of Hamley's.

 Our school, Oxford Jewish Centre.

 Punting (which we weren't, after all, allowed to try.)

 My last night in Oxford I slept with Bart Simpson.

My birthday cake... so delicious... I took the last piece back to Finland with me so my family got some too. Everybody liked it.

Yay, I made it! So folks, as I said, no more posts in this blog... I will finish translating the previous posts in English hopefully this week, and then that'll be it. Everybody's welcome here to read and send comments at any time and whenever you like, but on my side, it's over. Thank you so much, I love you all!!!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti